Meth Lab Fire in Nursing Home

Numerous media outlets reported on the tragic fire caused by an operational meth lab at Ohio's Park Haven Home.  One man died and several others were injured in the fire caused by a methamphetamine lab.  A medical examiner said the man who was burned on more than 90 percent of his body suffered an accidental death. 

Methamphetamine is a highly addictive stimulant. Mobile meth labs, also called one-pot or shakeand- bake labs, usually consist of a 2-liter bottle and the drug’s ingredients, said Bob Frey, the health department’s chief of health assessment.

How could this happen?  Where was the staff?  Where was the supervision?

The home was cited last year for inadequate care and numerous other violations, state records show.   Alleged violations found in a December survey included: inadequate care; failure to investigate how a resident was injured; and improperly responding to residents’ complaints about missing property. A federal rating system gives the nursing home one star out of five — the lowest possible on health inspections and quality measures.

 

Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
http://www.scnursinghomelaw.com/admin/trackback/273278
Comments (0) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Post A Comment / Question Use this form to add a comment to this entry.







Remember personal info?
Send To A Friend Use this form to send this entry to a friend via email.